Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair, and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Engineering team builds and maintains new features for the Pangea platform that improve usability, prevent fraud, and create APIs and services that work with our partners to launch new markets, payment methods, and capabilities. Our platform includes a set of native iOS, Android, and Web apps and a set of API microservices built using multiple languages, all hosted on AWS.
If you have an entrepreneurial passion, are motivated by building successful products and learning new technologies and systems, then we want to talk to you!
- Understand and help define the broad architecture of the entire system.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs and services as part of the Pangea platform.
- Own the development and rollout of large projects.
- Analyze and write tech specs and identify risks before starting major projects.
- Plan projects into well-defined milestones to ensure reliable development progress.
- Work with internal stakeholders across the company and external partners.
- Recruit and mentor new engineers.
- Debug production issues and contribute to improving platform reliability.
- Champion improvements in engineering standards, tools, and processes.
- Develop and implement ways of reducing tech debt, automate repeated manual tasks, and improve team productivity.
- Maintain and evolve the cloud infrastructure of applications in AWS.
- Stay up to date on the core AWS services and apply best practices regarding security and scalability.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or a related degree.
- At least 7 years of development experience including leadership responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge with C# including .NET Core.
- Strong experience building solutions on AWS.
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks.
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Good understanding of designing and using REST APIs.
- Experience integrating with third-party platforms.
- You are familiar with agile/scrum methodologies and planning tools such as JIRA.
- You have pride in your work and you strive to meaningfully contribute to a team.
- An ability to learn quickly, you desire excellence, have attention to detail, and want to work with others who share these traits.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment.
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description