Digital Mint is a bitcoin on-demand cash exchange company that enables consumers to participate in the online economy through the versatility of digital currencies by converting their cash into bitcoin through physical kiosks and point-of-sale solutions. It is our vision to become the largest bitcoin transaction company in the United States, empowering the underserved and unbanked market to utilize digital currencies as a tool for their financial lives.
Currently, we operate 100 locations in 14 states and serve over 50,000 individual customers. In addition, we are profitable, growing fast, and need motivated and talented team members to help us shape the landscape of the burgeoning digital currency ecosystem.
As our Lead Software Engineer, you will not only take charge of our existing projects - you will be expected to take a leadership role, build and manage a team, and spearhead innovation of new products from scratch.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Take charge of the development of our customer-facing transaction platforms.
- Lead a team of software consultants and in-house developers.
- Research and propose new product ideas that meet our customers’ needs.
- Build our proprietary suite of regulatory compliance tools and dashboards.
- Design and deploy a secure architecture for safekeeping of customer records.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Track record of developing, testing, and deploying customer-facing web applications.
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails.
- Ability to lead a team of developers to take a product to completion.
- Familiarity with React.js and Java (or Objective-C).
- Experience working with or developing payments APIs (e.g. Braintree, Paypal).
- Interest in bitcoin and other digital currencies.
- Commitment to Agile development principles.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
Ruby on Rails, React.js, PostgreSQL, Docker, Redis, Heroku, Git, Objective-C, Java, Python
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Equity incentives
- Exciting culture in the fast-growing digital currency industry
Read Full Job Description