Do you want an opportunity to work with top companies solving interesting business challenges through technology? Do you want a job where you will face new challenges every single day and have continual opportunities to learn and teach while being surrounded by enthusiastic and energizing coworkers? Do you want to work in a supportive environment where curiosity is rewarded? Then talk to us!
At 8th Light we consider software development a craft. Our team of expert developers and designers hold the title of "Crafter" to reflect our dedication to quality, our emphasis on continual learning, and our belief that software is truly a craft - something that we take pride in, and value highly.
We call our Lead Engineers "Lead Crafters", as they lead teams of Crafters in delivering excellence to our clients.
You've worked as a professional software developer and are proficient in multiple programming languages. You've successfully:
- Shipped high-quality code as part of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Test-Driven Development and agile methodologies.
- Played a leadership role on teams, facilitating communication and coordinating efforts.
- Completed several projects.
- Found ways to continue learning and growing and are always looking for ways to improve your skills.
Expectations of a lead crafter
In this role, expectations include:
- Lead teams in client engagements, acting as the primary day-to-day client contact, keeping them updated about project progress and timing and proactively addressing issues.
- Properly set expectations for yourself as well as for team members.
- Mentor and support team members.
- Identify project opportunities inside current client and personal network and communicates them to sales team.
- Represent 8th Light in the software community, sharing knowledge by writing and speaking.
Joining 8th light
We are fully committed to building the best team and providing continuous learning to our Crafters. One of the ways we demonstrate this commitment is through our apprenticeship program. Every Crafter begins their time at 8th Light with a period of customized, focused learning. This apprenticeship provides even the most seasoned software developers with the opportunity to hone their skills, delve into new technologies and become a better consultant.
About 8th light
We hold each other to the highest standards; and when we join a project, clients know what they're getting with 8th Light. It's not just our excellent team of dedicated professionals that sets us apart, but also our approach to delivering software and our roles as technical consultants.
We enjoy working with people who are empathetic, who are passionate about teaching and learning, and who value the work they do. If this approach to software development resonates with you, we'd love to talk.
8th Light is an equal opportunity employer.