We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Lead Software Engineer at ShopRunner, you’ll be driving technology and architecture decisions across our code stack. We’ll be looking to you to help create, test and deploy solutions that integrate seamlessly, all at scale.
ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts in product, design, infrastructure, and operations
- Mentor and encourage the technical growth of the developers on your team.
YOU MAY BE A FIT FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Can stitch together many different services and processes even if you have not worked with them before
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years’ experience as a change agent making architectural and/or language decisions for web applications. We love Polyglots who know several languages and like the right tool for the job
- Experience communicating and convincing key stakeholders of technological change
- Expertise on an object-oriented, functional programming language such as Java/Kotlin, Python
- Deep understanding of Cloud-Platforms like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure etc
- Expert in key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications
- Experience working with web frameworks such as SpringFramework, Django/Bottle/Flask
- A solid understanding of database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience in React, Redux, HTTP concepts and frameworks
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility
- Self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on Agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology
- Experience working in AWS and Docker are a plus
- Previous experience in security is a plus
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are and consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.