Lead Finacle Software Engineer at Discover (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware,, upgrade interfaces, and improve performance.
- Develops and directs software system testing and validation procedures.
- Leads software programming and the development of technical documentation.
- Consults with the business on project status, proposals, technical issues, software design, and maintenance.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan installations of a new systems and modifications to existing systems.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 4+ years Software Engineering experience.
- Banking/Lending industry experience
- Finacle Core Banking implementation, troubleshooting, and support experience
- Finacle production support and customer remediation experience
- Finacle customization tools (custom workbench, scripting studio, report designer)
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Programming experience
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Unix/Linux Commands and Scripting
- Version control software (Git/SVN)
- SQL Database experience (Oracle)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.