Lead Full Stack Software Developer
Backbar is looking for a full stack software engineer to join our small team. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of technologies and have autonomy in creating, testing and deploying web and mobile products. You will gain exposure to all aspects of a small tech company and have a material impact leading our development tools, process and future success. Plus, if you enjoy beer, spirits or wine, you’ll get to work with your interests on a daily basis.
Since we launched three months ago we've had over 700 restaurants and bars sign up. We have an exciting roadmap with interesting projects. If you're looking for a lead role to work on fun and challenging problems, come join us!
Who we are:
Backbar started as a company called Uncorkd, providing iPad beverage menus for bars and restaurants. This year we formed a new company to launch a completely new product to provide restaurants and bars the tools they need to effectively and efficiently manage their beverage programs. The tools we build enable our clients to more efficiently manage their inventory, track purchasing, train staff and improve their operations through our web and mobile apps.
What you’ll do:
- Work on the entire tech stack: mobile apps, front and back-end to infrastructure
- Build robust, secure, scalable, and appropriately tested features from end to end
- Provide direction on tools, technology and development processes
- Have an outsized impact on the company as an early employee
- Help build an engineering team and act as a mentor
Our tech stack:
- NodeJS, Express, Vue, React Native and MySQL
Some of our upcoming projects:
- Real-time, collaborative inventory using web sockets
- Recommendation engine for pricing and ordering
- Integrations with restaurant point-of-sale systems and other third-party web services
- Advanced analytics and reporting capabilities
- Subscription management, billing system and payment integration
What you’ll need:
- Experience with Node and/or Vue
- Experience with modern deployment concepts, including cloud infrastructure (like AWS) and configuration management
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies, including SQL
- An interest in and passion for our product
- Be a self-starter, comfortable working in a small team environment and able to solve problems independently
In addition to salary, we provide profit sharing, commuter benefits, health insurance and a cool work environment and office in River North. But most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to be an early employee that will have a huge impact on the company’s success, the ability to learn new technologies, and the chance to build a company that you love to be a part of.
We do not work with recruiters. Please no phone calls regarding the position.