Lead Implementation Specialist - FICO Blaze Advisor at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading projects from original concept through final implementation. Manages project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, and cost decisions. Aligns and coordinates customer requests and installation. Maintains documentation of existing applications, processes, test procedures, test results, detailed process flows, and action plans. Assists with facilitating multi-channel process reviews.
- Partners with operations to prepare training, huddles, and other communications to stakeholders, facilitators, and partners. Validates enhancements are working properly in production.
- Partners with technology and operation teams to resolve system issues, coordinates resolutions, and documents future needs. Researches and answers all related questions to the team email box.
- Develops and manages technical solutions to fulfill business needs, resolve issues, and enhance the company’s efforts to define, analyze, and document requirements. Understands the needs of stakeholders and translates requirements into solutions. Identifies all areas that changes will impact. Partners with vendors to implement changes and enhancements for impacted systems.
- Prepares implementation and test plans. Identifies all possible impact scenarios. Tests, analyzes, and validates detailed functional specifications. Guides and defines enhancements for user interfaces, test planning, test execution, and implementation.
- Utilizes processes and systems to track and manage project progress.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Information Systems, Business, Statistics, or related field
· 4+ years of experience in Software Development, Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, Financial Services, Security, Digital, Fraud, or related field
· In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Software Development, Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, Financial Services, Security, Digital, Fraud, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 3+ years of experience with FICO Blaze Advisor
- 6+ years of programming experience in object oriented language like JAVA or C#
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities or deliverables
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and requirement parameters
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies
- Ability to establish and leverage enterprise relationships to move initiatives forward
- Ability to maintain and increase current knowledge of industry practices and technologies
- Prior experience leading project teams through successful implementation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.