Lead iOS Engineer
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we're driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we're creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo, and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Lead Software Engineer at ShopRunner, you’ll be driving technology and architecture decisions for our mobile app solutions. We’ll be looking to you to help create, test and deploy solutions that integrate seamlessly, all at scale.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Analyze and evaluate app requirements in order to plan and lead greenfield mobile app development
- Research, recommend and implement new technologies
- Mentor other engineers
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A mentor with a passion for bringing the best work out of peers
- 6+ years’ experience as a change agent making architectural and/or language decisions for mobile applications
- Experience communicating and convincing key stakeholders of technological change
- Expertise in unit and UI testing
- A well-rounded individual with experience in any non-mobile technology (e.g. AWS, Docker, Spring Boot, Vapor, Serverless, React)
- An expert in key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility
- Experience collaborating closely with design and product to release and learn quickly
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.