LEAD JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
Lead Java Software Engineer provides technical leadership and otherwise contributes to design, development and deployment of Systems Integration components of Cat Digital’s state-of-the-art API platform and advances goals of Systems Integration and Platform Adoption team. This team contributes to building of a world class platform to host a wide range of digital applications.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work
- Manages/contributes to detailed software deliverables from concept and initiation to the end of development
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to occasional off-shift and weekend support calls
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Communicates with end users and internal customers to help guide them for the purpose of API platform adoption that may include development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results
- Manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results
- Participates in brainstorming sessions focused on developing new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s) stated
Must have qualifications:
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline
- Five years or more of software development experience or at least three years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Five years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications in Java or at least three years of experience in Java with master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Knowledgeable in Cloud Architecture and cloud deployment practices with at least two years of in-depth experience with various components of AWS
- Adept with working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
- Solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures, data bases and algorithms
Experience in many of the following a strong plus:
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale
- Developing software applications in Java using relational and Nosql databases
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops, etc.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Test driven development and behavior driven development
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .