Lead Java Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The candidate will lead his team by example with a passion to tackle complex problems and develop innovative solutions, attain a self-motivated pro-active attitude, inquisitiveness and eagerness to learn, demonstrate ownership with the drive to troubleshoot issues methodically and deliver under pressure. A successful candidate will have experience managing a structured and agile software development lifecycle, mentoring, training and motivating his team, partnering effectively and planning cross-dependencies across the organization with technology leads, architects, production management, business analysts and quality assurance groups.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience, CS degree preferred
- Mentor and manage a high performance delivery team, providing technical direction and ensure high quality of deliverables
- Hands-on end-to-end project delivery responsibilities
- Ensure team delivers timely to key milestones supporting a clear roadmap and requirements
- Clarify and defend architecture and design decision and ensure they are practical and feasible to implement by the team.
- Partner with technology peers and product owners and lead collaborative efforts to ensure a successful end-to-end project delivery
- Ability to translate functional requirements to technical design and requirements
- Perform code reviews, develop and review test scenarios in collaboration with QA
- Strong experience in Core Java, Object Oriented, RDBMS (Oracle), SQL, Spring, ORM (JPA/Hibernate) and Unix Scripts
- Experience in architecting and building secure, highly available, resilient, scalable systems leveraging clustering and load balancing of web / app servers and messaging systems (Kafka / MQ Series)
- Experience with container based development, orchestration, micro services frameworks and tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, Swagger) is required
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology and ceremonies leveraging SDLC tools to improve development and testing efficiency (JIRA, Jenkins, GIT, JUnit, Selenium, Lint)
- Experience in Cloud and Container based development (Gaia, Kube) is a plus
- Experience using NoSQL / BigData Stores (Cassandra, Elastic Search, Cloudera Stack or H-Base) is a plus
- Experience in streaming / aggregation frameworks (Storm, Spark) is a plus
- Banking and payments domain background is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.