Lead Platform Engineer
About Outcome Health
A healthcare innovation company
Reinventing in the point of care
Facilitating a better personal Outcome
Whether it’s supporting the diagnosis of a family member or as patients ourselves, we all have
connections to healthcare. That’s why all of us at Outcome Health are committed to transforming the point of care experience, both for our loved ones and for ourselves.
We are looking for people to bring their diverse talent, perspectives and career experiences to help us create the future in point of care.
Join our expanding team and be part of creating #ABetterOutcome.
You are a Software Engineering Lead with expertise in the implementation and design of software platforms, including infrastructure, methodology, process, and tool stack. You thrive in environments where you are focused writing performant code that supports enterprise-grade architecture. You enjoy the experience of writing software for scale and take ownership of the products that you contribute to. You understand the importance of understanding the context in which your software operates and can rationalize implementation details with the bigger picture. You’re seeking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity. You want to build things that matter.
- 80% of time spent in hands on development
- Identification of technical debt. Resolution of performance and functional issues within the application architecture. Rebuilding of problem functionality.
- Responsible for stability and scalability of the Outcome Health platform. This encompasses business services and platform agnostic (mobile & web) application endpoints.
- Own and maintain product technical backlogs, prioritize technical debt, create and document technical requirements.
- Define and set development standards that are adopted across the Engineering Department. Promote and enforce ‘Definition of Done’ quality standards.
- Mentor Senior Individual Contributors, provide oversight of others’ work.
- 3+ years in a Lead/Principal Developer role developing Enterprise-level applications is required.
- 7+ years of professional software development
- 4+ years developing application services using Java is required.
- 2+ years of developing applications using Ruby on Rails is required.
- 2+ years creating APIs as products is required. An intimate knowledge of RESTful protocols is assumed.
- 3+ years of working within AWS technologies to create cloud-based architecture is required
- Advanced degree (MSc) or equivalent industry experience is required.
- Experience creating or utilizing Service Oriented and Event-Driven Architectures is required
- Actively research new technical innovations and trends with a view to their applicability in providing innovative solutions to business problems. Communicates learnings to the department.
- Skilled technologist, able to debate merits of applicable solutions to specific needs.
- Effective communicator and teacher, able to effect technological change through persuasion and collaboration.
- Final point on the escalation path for technical issues. Can resolve most issues through the application of their own expertise and understands how to recruit additional help when required.
- Must be willing to travel to NYC up to 25%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Outcome Health does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, gender, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), gender expression, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), medical condition, physical or mental disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, citizenship, genetic information, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, and other characteristics protected under applicable state, federal, or local law.
Read Full Job Description