Lead Programmer (Splunk)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
WHO WE ARE:
Discover is more than a credit card. At its core, Discover is a software company. Our customers demand products that help them spend smarter and achieve a brighter financial future. These products are built and supported by our software teams. We have fun at work and live these values:
- One customer. The person using the product is who matters.
- Teams get it done. You won’t be sitting in a corner on your own – it’s a collective effort.
- Seek to understand. Listen first, ask why, and then reach a conclusion.
- Progress over perfection. Try new ideas and be comfortable with failing fast.
- No spectators. Expect to tackle tough problems and to challenge the status quo.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
You will join a team that continues to shape the future of Payments. In this position, you will work in an Agile setting alongside product owners and your peers to break down product visions into workable technical solutions that solve business problems. You will draw on technical and leadership skills to execute on a variety of projects such as expanding insight into the health of Discover Network or analyzing transaction data, largely using Splunk as a core development platform.
*** NOT ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYER SPONSORED NONIMMIGRANT VISA SPONSORSHIP ***
You will be successful in this role if you can:
- Proficiently write Splunk queries using the Splunk Programming Language
- Create Splunk applications and dashboards
- Assist with identifying, creating, and maintaining test data
- Build high quality software for large scale and highly available systems
- Actively contribute to the department’s developer community
- Provide strong technical and team leadership
- Talk about your work with both technical and non-technical team members
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years work experience (in a technology environment)
- Hands-on experience with building highly scalable and reliable Splunk applications and dashboards
- Experience working with an iterative software development methodology
- Self-motivated and openly challenges the team to continuously improve
- Strong collaborator with a passion for learning
- Familiarity with Agile or SAFe and Lean software development practices a plus
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.