Lead QA Automation Engineer
Solstice is looking for a Lead Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to join our team. The Lead Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will perform a variety of job responsibilities related to testing mobile & web applications across multiple platforms.
The Lead Automation Engineer will be responsible for, but not be limited to, the following:
- Developing automated test scripts, test plans and test cases
- Execute automated test plans
- Maintaining and executing existing automation scripts
- Participating in functional testing, regression testing and performance testing
- Identify bugs, issues, risks, and bottlenecks within the mobile application
- Mentoring our QA’s, educating them on proper practices and techniques
- Being the coach and all-around advocate for QA Automation amongst the project team and client stakeholders
- Quality Assurance experience with strong expertise in Performance/Load/ Stress/Functional Testing using Jmeter, HP Performance Center/LoadRunner, Soap UI Pro and QTP.
- Experience in Performance Testing using several protocols like Web HTTP/HTML, Adobe Flex, AMF, Web Services, Citrix and Database applications, Client/Server- browser-based and Middleware application environments.
- Worked extensively with Jmeter, created scripts and ran performance tests and created reports.
- Monitoring system resources using VM Stat, I/O Stat commands and collecting the metrics like CPU utilization, memory use, Disks I/O rates, transfers, read/write ratios and Paging space and paging rates etc.
- Skillful in software specification analysis, writing test plan, test objectives, test strategy and traceability test environment.
- Excellent analytical skills for understanding the business requirements, business rules/processes, solutions approach and detailed design of the application.
- Extensive experience in working on Manual Testing Methodologies like Rational Unified Process RUP , Black Box, White Box, Joint Application Development JAD , Agile-SCRUM, Waterfall Methodology and Spiral Methodology.
- Expert in writing, analyzing and executing test cases, test scenarios, test scripts and the usage of various tools for bug tracking Rational Clear Quest, HP Quality Center/ALM, Agile central and generating Daily, Weekly and Monthly reports.
- The individual must have a passion for software testing and finding bugs in software prior to deployment.
- Strong executive presence and leadership skills
- Highly motivated self starter, a team player who works well on cross functional teams
- Strong analytical skills and ability to portray information in a logical and well organized manner
- Proven record of developing strong, positive relationships with the software development team, especially developers and business analysts
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the client solution and deliverables
- Experience with Agile Project Management is a strong plus; namely Scrum
- Experience in a Business Analyst or QA role for emerging technologies is a plus (AI, IoT, etc.)
- Experience using GitHub or similar code repository system
- Proven ability to focus on value based testing and coverage with a dedication to delivery and time estimates
- Creative, solutions-oriented tester that focuses on testing coverage in the most effective and efficient way possible
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.