Lead QA Engineer at Chowbus
Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
Join us in helping our engineering team move more quickly and confidently as a QA Engineer to ensure the quality of the product.
What You'll Do:
- Perform manual testing for features/bugs fixes
- Perform regression/smoke testing
- Test use cases across multiple platforms
- Participate in Grooming to ensure stories are well defined for verification
- Write test cases to ensure adequate coverage
- Monitoring system stability, and participating issue triage when production issues happen
- Identify opportunities for automation as features and test plans stabilize and mature.
- Lead the team to perform end to end testing to ensure the whole system works properly
- Communicate with management and product team to set priorities and coordinate the QA activities by allocating resources
We are looking for people that are:
- Having team leading experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Having experiences of mentoring team members to bring them up to speed, and identifying the areas for improvements for team members, providing active guidance to speed up the learning process for them.
- Having experiences to define and enhance QA process to ensure quality and efficiency for the QA team
- Having the experience of creating test plans to provide converge for complex features
- Having the experience of executing full regression testing with the team
- Understand business rules to provide guidance for team members
- Having the experiences to track down the events/logs through complex systems to identify the root cause of issues.
- Familiar with iOS/Android tools like adb, able to collect logs when testing on mobile devices/simulators
- Familiar with event tracking tools like Mixpanel to be able to track down the app’s behavior
- Familiar with crash tracking tools like Crashlytic to help provide details of bugs to developers
- Familiar with JIRA
- Familiar with test coverage tools
- Familiar with automation tools is a plus
- Familiarity with git
- Extensively passionate about test plan documentation
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.