Lead Quality Engineer – Functional Integration Testing (FIT)
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This position offers the opportunity to work in the Network Authorizations Payment area where you will get to work with next generation tools and technologies and drive quality from the start with strong emphasis on Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Drive for quality control, ensure quality is built in from the start
- Lead team of Quality Engineers to ensure timely delivery of testing deliverables
- Guiding team(s) to use Acceptance Test Driven Development processes and other automated test tools.
- Estimate testing effort and deliver results.
- Design and execute the automation scripts including evaluating and reporting of results to scrum teams and quality engineering leadership
- Adhere to all processes and procedures for quality engineering as per established standards defined by the organization
- Assist in the timely resolution of quality engineering challenges at the team level providing guidance, training, technical support and where necessary mentoring individuals
- In collaboration with the Quality Architect, evaluate the functional requirements and build/maintain the automated testing framework
- Liaising with business analysts, product owners, tech leads, quality architecture and other stakeholders in establishing acceptance criteria
- Estimate testing effort and ensure timely delivery of project milestones
- Assist and provide recommendations of software testing tools for enhanced and robust testing framework.
- Assists in the timely resolution of quality/test challenges at the team level, providing guidance, training, technical support, and where necessary, mentoring individuals.
- Sends the status report (Daily, Weekly, etc.) to the Test Manager. Reviews reports prepared by Testers.
- Prepares the agendas for meetings, for example, weekly team meeting etc. Frequent status-checks meetings with the team, communicates by means of chat/emails etc. Tracks and reports upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered, and their status, performance baselines, etc. Attends the regular test-team meetings.
- Leads, guides, and monitors the analysis, design, implementation, and execution of the test cases, test procedures, and test suites. Ensures content and structure of all testing documents/artifacts is documented and maintained. Assigns tasks to all testing team members and ensures that all of them have sufficient work in the project. Acts as the single point of contact between Development and Testers for iterations, testing, and deployment activities. Reviews System, Integration, and User Acceptance Tests prepared by testers. Ensures proper configuration management of the test artifacts produced and traceability of the tests to the requirements. Recognizes when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, plan the effort, select the tools, and ensure training of the team. As test execution approaches, makes sure the test environment is put into place before test execution and managed during test execution. Schedules the tests for execution and then monitors, measures, controls, and reports on the test progress, the product quality status, and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Plans, monitors, and controls the testing activities and tasks. Provides input into the estimation of the testing effort. Prepares the software test plan. Analyzes requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects. Keeps track of the requirements from the project and manages Change of Scope (COS). Schedules the project effort in conjunction with the PMO. Checks for timely delivery of project milestones. Arranges the hardware and software requirement for the test setup. Escalates the issues about project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) to the Project Manager/Test Manager. Identifies training requirements and forwards it to the Project Manager (Technical and Soft skills). Documents, implements, monitors, and enforces all processes and procedures for testing as per established standards defined by the organization.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in leading software testing teams, utilizing Agile delivery methods within the Payments industry
- ISTQB Foundation
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in leading software testing teams, utilizing Agile delivery methods within the Payments industry
- ISTQB Intermediate Test Manager
- 4+ years of Test Automation experience
- 2+ years team lead experience preferably in payments domain
- Hands on Java experience (at least intermediate level)
- ATDD or BDD experience, ideally with Cucumber but other frameworks like Jbehave is also considered
- Excellent collaborative team player with strong written and oral communication skills
- Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Strong attention to detail as well as being highly organized
- Adaptable and flexible to meet demands, relentless and passionate to get the job done
- Pro-active – take responsibility and own the solution
- Ability to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team with a wide range of experience levels
- Payment systems knowledge in the Authorizations arena
- Solid understanding of Distributed application infrastructure
- Self-motivated, Team motivator and Team player
- Applied knowledge of SAFe
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience with Restful APIs, JSON, XML etc.
- Experience with Github
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience of setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipeline and working in a DevOps heavy environment
- ISTQB certification
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.