Lead Site Reliability Engineer (Remote) at Club Automation
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you will manage all production assets for each product. Your responsibilities in this role include: batching, upgrading, deploying new servers, organizing the team's workload, supporting engineering efforts, compliance, uptime, and performance monitoring. You’ll be responsible for prioritizing, organizing, and leading your team on the execution of all work. You'll assess operational capabilities and performance to ensure the on-time delivery of quality products and services to all customers, both internal and external. There’s a strong emphasis on being a contributing player on your team.
The Lead Site Reliability Engineer reports to the Director of Technical Operations.
You will also:
- Oversee progress in achieving operational/production goals and objectives, especially with respect to quality, cost, and customer service.
- Take the responsibility for uptime, data accuracy, and integrity.
- Interact with Engineering Leads to assure alignment between teams
- Maintain business continuity for all production assets
- Ensure proper planning and prioritization using agile practices.
- Ensure operations are in full compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Be a technical escalation point for your team.
- Provide weekly reports on system availability, response, and capacity.
- Manage on-call rotation among team members.
- Bachelor’s degree - technical discipline preferred; OR equivalent experience
- Two (2) to three (3) years of technical lead experience
- Four (4) to five (5) years of experience in a site reliability engineering capacity
- Knowledge in technologies like:
- Familiarity with database technologies like MySQL / Aurora/ SQL Server
- Web Servers (NGiNX / PHP / IIS)
- Active Directory
- Virtualization Technologies (VMWare)
- Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS)
- Containerization Systems (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Caching technology (Redis)
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong foundation in Agile practices and ceremonies
- Confident decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and change direction when needed.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Monitoring Technologies, creating custom checks, and managing alert profiles and escalation policies.
- Experience with Tooling (git, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Elastic Search, Kubernetes, Rancher)
- Scripting experience with the following languages: Ruby, Python, Bash, Powershell
- Experience working tickets and managing priorities within issue tracking systems (Salesforce, Jira, etc.)
- Experience developing or supporting .Net, PHP, or Node applications
- Experience in automating repetitive tasks
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.