At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions and supply chain management. We utilize technology to simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers by handling the critical tasks on their behalf so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that ship their product with carriers who transport those goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo Global Logistics has recently been ranked in Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Employer in Chicago along with other recognitions as the top 3PL provider. We are looking for incredible people to join our team and help carry out our mission of providing our clients with best in class service and technology!
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of DevOps, the Lead Site Reliability Engineer investigate, plan, and strategize for application and systemic Site Reliability for our production systems across teams and products. You will
Primary Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Design and communicate standards for engineers to use to develop their applications on our systems in a reliable, scalable pattern
- Develop proof-of-concepts and/or enhancements to our Site Reliability tools in partnership with Accelerator teams
- Lead a site reliability team of engineers (both indirect and potentially direct reports) to support our production system's reliability across engineering products
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's Level Degree with 10+ Years of experience
- Site Reliability experience - leading a Site Reliability practice at an organization and mentoring others
- Experience dealing with large enterprise systems, complex problems, and multiple engineering teams/products
- Strong DevOps/SRE knowledge and experience in multiple areas including Programming, IaC, Monitoring
- Demonstrable success in implementing an SRE strategy with both new and existing enterprise apps/systems
- Experience with cutting-edge technology like Kubernetes/Docker, AWS, Microservices, and RabbitMQ/Kafka/Elastic
- Knowledge of Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Cloudformation, and other IaC technology
- Business savvy and great communicator
- Ability to listen attentively, acknowledge understanding of business requirements and best fit solution
- FinTech experience and/or "High Availability" systems experience. I.E. marketplace technology
- Ability to work with any level of the engineering organization, comfortable with a "player-coach" role
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.