Kin + Carta is a digital transformation organization. As one of the key strategic pillars, Kin + Carta Connect is a full-service digital agency that strategizes, designs, builds, implements, tests, and optimizes world-class, global, and multi-channel experiences.
A Lead Sitecore/ Episerver Developer is a senior engineer specializing in dynamic website builds powered by CMS, DXP and eCommerce platforms. This senior technical expert will lead a development team through all development phases of client engagements including development, data integration, devOps, and deployment. Lead Experience Developers will collaborate with the Solution Architect and development team to establish and enforce development guidelines and best practices.
Outside of client engagements, the Lead Experience Developer will work closely with the Connect Technical Director to establish best practices in relevant partner platforms, develop client case studies, conduct technical interviews for a growing team and learn/disseminate best practices throughout the team.
- Work closely with the Solution Architect to help define technical integrations and platform DevOps
- Drive the creation of clean, scalable code driving cutting-edge client solutions
- Serve as technical oversight for the .NET team including initial project / environment setup and CI/CD buildout
- Work with project management, and the solution architect to track completion of outstanding development work and establish/update timelines
- Mentor junior technical resources
- Assist in developing the technology practice
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 6+ years of development experience in enterprise scale systems development, platform implementation, and digital development
- Fundamental background in software design, including design patterns and best practices
- Significant experience with C# .NET, .NET MVC and MSSQL
- Deep experience with content management systems (CMS) and digital experience platforms (DXP) from top vendors (Preferably , Episerver + Sitecore, also Adobe, Acquia Drupal, ContentStack, Contentful)
- Experience with Cloud Hosting Platforms (Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google, Alibaba, Oracle, IBM, Tencent) and global Content Delivery and Security Networks (AWS Cloudfront, Akamai, Edgecast, Cloudflare)
- Expert knowledge of GIT and source control platforms (Bitbucket, Github, etc)
- Knowledge of application security concepts and best practices
- Knowledge of performance tuning and performance testing methodologies
- Experience working in multiple development methodologies (Agile, Kanban, XP, Waterfall)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or a similar field
- Experience with multiple CI/CD tools including Atlassian Bitbucket
- Experience with DevOps tools including Bitbucket Pipes, Terraform, Azure DevOps
- Experience across a variety of client engagements and industries
- Experience with major search providers
- Experience with major Analytics packages (Adobe and Google)
- Knowledge of CRM and AMS packages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Being proactive and willingness to learn, develop and adapt
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.