Lead Software Developer (Finance Systems) at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover Financial Services is looking for a Lead Software Developer to support Discover’s Finance/Accounting organization. This highly motivated individual will partner closely with technology and business teams to ensure successful delivery of projects to support Discover’s accounting and financial reporting.
Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software solutions that meet business needs.
- Modifies existing software and environment to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, upgrade interfaces, and improve performance.
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested, documented and risks are mitigated.
- Build collaborative relationships with business and IT partners to complete projects.
- Works with business partners on project status, proposals, technical issues, software design, and maintenance.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software, Math, or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- In lieu of a degree, 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Basic knowledge of ETL
- PL/SQL experience
- Linux/Unix shell scripting and Server administration
- Experience with Java development on client facing application
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan and execute projects while working in a fast paced environment.
- Strong familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (e.g. requirements gathering, design, coding and all phases of testing)
- Strong understanding and proficiency with Object Oriented programming and design principles (Java, C#, C++ or Python)
- Autosys and/or scheduler knowledge
- Experience with Aptitude Software a plus.
- Self-motivated and openly challenging the team to continuously improve
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Accounting Systems experience preferred
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.