Lead Software Developer
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
A lead role within the Call Center Application Support Team to develop and maintain highly scalable SOAP/REST web services using Java/Springboot.
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
- Work on Technology enabler features geared towards process improvement, adoption of industry best practices, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
- Work in a SAFE agile mode and participate in pre program increment backlog grooming for identifying technical enabler features in the business initiatives.
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Systems, or related technical field
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience with highly scalable SOAP/REST web services using Java/Springboot
- Experience of creating Microservices architecture
- Strong understanding of relational databases and object-oriented design principles
- Technical skills including: Java/J2EE, Spring Framework, , Eclipse, GitHub, Gradle, Jenkins, XML, Unix/Linux,
- WebSphere, PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry), Freemaker
- Ab Initio ACE (Application configuration environment) template development
- Abi Initio GDE ETL development
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.