LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
The Product Information Management (PIM) team is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to head development efforts for our Prime Product & Parts content management application, primarily focused on the Informatica PIM P360 Platform. The PIM application performs the critical function of delivering Caterpillar’s public facing product information to web experiences such as cat.com, Dealer websites, embedded applications and Parts Information on Part.cat.com and other ecommerce sites. This role will work closely with the Product Information Management (PIM) product owner and various stakeholders across the organization. This is a great opportunity to join Caterpillar’s Digital Marketing Team within the Cat Digital Division. The position provides ample opportunity for continued career development and advancement. This is a Fully Remote position.
Lead Software Engineer provides technical leadership and support for in-house and purchased applications to solve business problems. A successful candidate must have a strong understanding of technology and agile software development with experience developing and supporting applications.
- Competent to perform all programming and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Act as team lead and mentor for junior engineers and support staff.
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness.
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related field is required.
- 8 years or more of software development experience or at least five years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 8 years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications in Java or at least five years of experience in Java with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in configuring and end to end implementation of Informatica PIM P360 Platform (PIM 7.1 and above).
Top candidates will also have:
- Proven experience in many of the following,
- Designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining Informatica PIM Suite (P360, IDQ, Active VOS, BPM and Supplier Portal).
- Create end-to-end specifications for PIM solutions Lead project team members through the activities required to implement Informatica PIM solution.
- In-depth understanding of PIM features and capabilities propose solutions based on Informatica P360 platform capabilities.
- Perform troubleshooting on ETLs and related components
- Experience in profiling and cleansing product data
- Should have experience on Supplier Portal, Audit Trail
- Should have functional integration knowledge on batch/message/real using ESB tools
- Datastores such as Aurora PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
- Developing software applications using relational (Oracle) and Nosql databases.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops, Confluence, etc.
- At least three plus years of deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs in XML and JSON format.
- Good understanding of Java Script and Spring Boot.
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Azure and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Informatica P360 PIM Certification is recommended
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .