Jellyvision is hiring a Lead Software Engineer
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes choosing (and using) employee benefits easier and more enjoyable. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think the best way to achieve that is with a staff that reflects the vast range of ideas, perspectives, and experiences of the millions of people who use our products.
How you’ll help
As a Lead Software Engineer, you'll provide technical leadership for a cross-functional team consisting of application, test, and site reliability engineers. You’ll spend your days writing well-designed, reliable, and maintainable code. You’ll also keep things running by solving problems and making sure they stay solved by writing tests.
What you’ll do
Our Lead Software Engineers will:
- Assist in designing and developing clean, straightforward solutions to problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers to define high level system requirements
- Write maintainable, reliable, and performant code
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members
- Give and receive constructive code review feedback
- Ensure the team maintains Jellyvision’s values, standards, and best practices
- Foster an inclusive team environment
- Collaborate with Jellyvision's non-tech teams (ex. designers, writers, producers)
Experience & skills you’ll need
We're looking for Leads with 4+ years of relevant experience, solid software engineering fundamentals, and keen DevOps skills. They should also have experience with the following:
- Developing full-stack web applications
- Ruby & Rails or Grape
- Modern front-end frameworks like React, Vue, or AngularJS
- Relational databases (experience writing raw SQL is a bonus)
- Automated testing (unit, integration, and functional tests)
- Source control (we use git)
- AWS (DevOps experience is a bonus)
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Manages Complexity
- Tech Savvy
Jellyvision is committed to fostering a more inclusive workplace where people across all dimensions of diversity and intersectionality, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neuro-diversity, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or country of origin are welcomed, valued, and celebrated! We have an opportunity to increase representation at all levels and need your unique talents, background and perspectives. We look forward to your contributions to our team.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!