Lead Software Engineer Full Stack - Frontend/Mobile Application Development
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Currently seeking a thoughtful, well-rounded full stack software engineering professional to be part of the Business Technology - Customer Engagement Platform department. In this role, the individual will work in a highly technical agile team which handles services for Discover websites and mobile apps utilizing the latest Discover platforms for continuous delivery and cloud development. The individual will be required to foster collaboration and provide thought leadership while contributing to the development of modern services.
Develops and maintains full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and devops development. Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Works independently or with own team to innovate on and advocate for best practices within the team. Designs complex solutions and leads them from inception to production within the agile team.
What you will do
- Deliver on all product development phases from planning, application development, release, and support.
- Drive product quality through paired programming and test driven development.
- Ensure applications meet security, high availability, and maintainability requirements.
- Develop application code using languages such as React, and Java frameworks.
- Develop API endpoints to support internal and external requests.
- Develop / maintain a CICD pipeline to build, test, and deploy application artifacts.
- Learn new technologies and promote the adoption of new frameworks to gain competitive edge in delivering value to customers.
- Take necessary steps (prioritization, mentoring, and assistance) to enable the team to be a high value, cross-functional, autonomous unit.
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs ― full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development.
- Work directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Work independently or with own team to innovate and advocate for best practices within the team.
- Design complex solutions and lead them from inception to production within the Agile team.
- Write technical requirements and design documents in support of the initiatives in the mobile and web platforms.
- Maintain highly available systems. Ensure all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
How you will do it
- Develops and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience
- Develops and maintains backend systems
- Creates and maintains devops processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Works with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production Creates and maintains devops processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved team processes; mentors junior team members
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
- Bachelors Information Technology
- 6+ years Computer Science, Information Technology or related
- In lieu of education, 8+ years Computer Science, Information Technology or related
Bonus Points/Nice to have
- Knowledge of React, Redux, and Java application frameworks
- Experience with React Native (or React) app and REST Web Services development
- Experience with Mobile app development
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation, and capable of forming a deep understanding of our underlying frameworks and languages
- Understanding of REST Web Services, JSON and Design Patterns using various technologies
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
#Remote #BI-Remote #LI-SY1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.