Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
What you will do
- Deliver on all product development phases from planning, application development, release, and support.
- Drive product quality through paired programming and test driven development.
- Ensure applications meet security, high availability, and maintainability requirements.
- Develop application code using languages such as React, and Java frameworks.
- Develop API endpoints to support internal and external requests.
- Develop / maintain a CICD pipeline to build, test, and deploy application artifacts.
- Learn new technologies and promote the adoption of new frameworks to gain competitive edge in delivering value to customers.
- Take necessary steps (prioritization, mentoring, and assistance) to enable the team to be a high value, cross-functional, autonomous unit.
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs ― full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development.
- Work directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Work independently or with own team to innovate and advocate for best practices within the team.
- Design complex solutions and lead them from inception to production within the Agile team.
- Write technical requirements and design documents in support of the initiatives in the mobile and web platforms.
- Maintain highly available systems. Ensure all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team
How you will do it
- Develop and maintain front-ends focused on user experience.
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Work with key stakeholders to design solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Innovate on and advocate for best practices and improved team processes.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
- Bachelors’ in Information Technology or related
- 6+ years Software Engineering or related
- In lieu of degree 8+ years Software Engineering or related
- Knowledge of React, Redux, and Java application frameworks
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation, and capable of forming a deep understanding of our underlying frameworks and language
- Passionate about development and writing correct, and efficient code
- Understanding of REST Web Services, JSON and Design Patterns using various technologies
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems
- Development experience across both Web & Mobile platforms
- Comfortable with system design and architectural concepts
- Exposure to architectural patterns at scale; including thoughtfully-designed APIs, repeatable delivery pipelines, and efficient CS principles
- Experience in utilization of open source projects
- Proficient across the technical stack, able to deliver quality code at all tiers
- Exposure to Extreme Programming
- High Level understanding of emerging trends in software engineering
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
#Remote #BI-Remote #LI-SY1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.