Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Your talents will allow you to contribute, if not shape, our Business and Technology outcomes. Always wanted to have your change agent voice heard? We love to listen. We want you to help create and break-down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans. We need your talents to help ensure our outcomes are aligning to the needs of our Customers and Partners.
You will work with the leading payment players in the world while actively contributing to the developer experience by enhancing current solution patterns and defining new ones. All cutting edge work leveraging the latest technologies in the industry.
What You’ll Do
As part of our Digital Payments technology domain, you’ll:
- Lead Agile-focused software development teams to help our organization drive towards emerging technologies. While primarily providing hands-on development work, you’ll also mentor junior-level software developers.
- Leverage your leadership skills to help shape our business and technology outcomes to meet customer and partner needs.
- Create and break-down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans.
- Contribute to the developer experience by leveraging the latest industry technologies to enhance current solution patterns and define new ones.
How You’ll Do It
- Maintain application software and systems.
- Test and mitigate risks for all projects and releases
- Ensure quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing.
- Perform technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
- Deliver technology solutions that support business goals.
- Partner with product owners to understand business requirements, evaluate features, and translate application specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Support technical initiatives and provide team with input into best practices.
- Oversee and review development activities of highly-complex global teams, consisting of both full-time staff and contractors.
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior-level software developers to enhance their growth and help them achieve objectives.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business computer systems, or related technical field
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in software engineering or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working in a highly complex and scaled global technology organization
- Time spent working for an organization in either the financial services or technology space
- Experienced in technical leadership of software applications.
- Modern and broad technology skillset including Java
- Experienced in design documentation with formal and informal methodologies
- Experienced in delivering functional & non-functional requirements
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experienced implementing business critical projects of large scope and technical complexity.
- Must possess the judgement to plan and accomplish goals without supervision.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and a wide degree of creativity and flexibility with regard to technology is expected
- Enterprise frameworks e.g. Spring , DROOLS
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.