Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
We are looking to hire a highly skilled Full Stack Engineer to be part of our department. As part of the team, you may be leading and developing new products and enhancing others, such as eWallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay) and Click to Pay
What You’ll Do
- Evaluate business needs and scope and size efforts
- Identify areas where technical solutions would improve operations
- Oversee the design, development, testing, implementation, and support of technology solutions
- Ensure business and technology requirements are met
- Document technology solutions and processes
- Ability to lead and implement technology solutions for cross-functional projects
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs ― full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development.
- Work directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Work independently or with own team to innovate and advocate for best practices within the team.
- Design complex solutions and lead them from inception to production within the Agile team.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends focused on user experience.
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Innovate on and advocate for best practices and improved team processes.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and you may interact with internal and external technology partners and business stakeholders
- Leadership and mentorship abilities to share and implement technical solutions
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Financial institution background and working on high visible projects with external partners
- Strong user of the technology stack used: A cloud provider (e.g., Pivotal Cloud Foundry). Automation-first mindset, including B/G pipelines, Test Driven Development, and performance testing. Java Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security with OAuth2.0 and JWT/JWE, JPA and Hibernate. Circuit breaker solutions (e.g, Hystrix). Caching solutions like Gemfire. Relational data storage solutions MariaDB. Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK). BDD using cucumber. Message Queuing using RabbitMQ and Kafka. UX using ReactJS, Bootstrap, Java Script and html
- Area of focus in one or more of the following:
- CI/CD & Automation
- Front End
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres and understanding of columnar data stores such as Redshift or Snowflake
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Strong technical understanding of data architecture, data quality and related technologies
#BI-Remote #Remote #LI-LJ1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.