Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Come join us in a rewarding and fast-paced position as a Lead Software Engineer in the Card Acquisitions Value Stream. Our domain supports the new credit card application platform at Discover, which is key to supporting the business growth of the Discover Card account portfolio. Our domain delivers solutions by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features.
Our Card Acquisitions Value Stream is comprised of autonomous paired-programming (XP) teams responsible for defining, designing, developing and supporting cloud-based solutions that meet business needs. The teams work in short increments to rapidly deliver software. We are actively looking for a Lead Software Engineer and leader to join our Card Acquisitions team.
The Lead Software Engineer role will be hands-on and responsible for working with the teams in the implementation of critical technical solutions from inception to production. The role is very strategic in the growth and technical advancement of the new credit card application platform at Discover. This leader will work to ensure modern technology practices are followed, works to continuously improve and rapidly delivers value.
- Develops and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience
- Develops and maintains backend systems
- Works with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production
- Creates and maintains devops processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved team processes; mentors junior team members
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
#BI-Remote #Remote #LI-LJ1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.