Lead Software Engineer – Full Stack
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Digital Development area is hiring a Software Developer to be a key contributor on the 3rd Party Products Team. This group is responsible for business analysis, delivery and management of the underlying technologies when great vendor software solutions are procured for the organization’s purpose. Successful members of the team are highly accountable team players with solid technical skills who strive to deliver the best web/mobile customer experience possible.
As an Software Engineer on the team, you will help lead Discover’s Marketing Technology strategy by:
- Designing, developing and integrating software solutions for Discover’s award-winning digital presence to achieve digital marketing and experience goals.
- Using Agile development methodologies to deliver new or support existing product features that compliment/improve our marketing technology stack.
- Applying hands-on technical skills to improve solution delivery through continuous integration, development, and testing utilizing approved technology solutions.
- Promoting a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Develops and maintains full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development. Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Works independently or with own team to innovate on and advocate for best practices within the team. Designs complex solutions and leads them from inception to production within the agile team.
- Develops and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience.
- Develops and maintains back-end systems.
- Works with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Creates and maintains DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved team processes; mentors junior team members.
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Adobe Experience Cloud (Analytics, Experience Manager, Target)
- Akamai Content Delivery Networks, RSA Adaptive Authentication
- Modern web-development frameworks (Angular, React, Foundation, Bootstrap, jQuery)
- Web browser & Cross device compatibility design
- Core Java, J2EE, APIs, Microservices
- Spring frameworks, Spring Boot
- SOAP & REST design best practices
- Data/Cache Technologies: Oracle, Maria, Gemfire, MongoDB, Redis
- CI/CD with Jenkins or similar, Chef, Git/GitHub, Gradle, Nexus, SonarQube
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures: Cloud Foundry(PCF), AWS
- Container solutions: Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift
- Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across a delivery landscape which includes Agile Application Development, Support and Deployment.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.