Lead Software Engineer - Mainframe at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services is looking for a Lead Software Developer to drive delivery in all aspects of software development. You will collaborate with product managers and your peers as part of a scrum team to execute on a broad range of projects for Monetary Payments and ACH transactions, from feature enhancements to designing and building technical solutions.
What You’ll Do
As part of our Monetary Transfer and Payments team:
- Break down a product vision into workable technical solutions to solve business problems
- Build high quality software for large scale and highly available systems
- Actively contribute to the department’s developer community to support our devops transformation journey
- Works with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production
- Provide strong technical and team leadership
- Talk about your work with both technical and non-technical team members
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Lead Agile-focused software development teams to help our organization drive towards emerging technologies. While primarily providing hands-on development work, you’ll also mentor junior-level software developers.
- Leverage your leadership skills to help shape our business and technology outcomes to meet customer and partner needs.
- Create and break-down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans.
- Contribute to the developer experience by leveraging the latest industry technologies to enhance current solution patterns and define new ones.
How You’ll Do It
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals.
- Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Maintain application software and systems.
- Test and mitigate risks for all projects and releases
- Ensure quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing.
- Perform technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
- Deliver technology solutions that support business goals.
- Partner with product owners to understand business requirements, evaluate features, and translate application specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Support technical initiatives and provide team with input into best practices.
- Oversee and review development activities of highly-complex global teams, consisting of both full-time staff and contractors.
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior-level software developers to enhance their growth and help them achieve objectives.
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology or related
- 6+ years’ experience with Computer Science, Information Technology or related
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years’ experience with Computer Science, Information Technology or related
Bonus Points If You Have
#BI-Remote, #Remote #LI-LJ1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.