Lead Software Engineer (Python)
Virgil Holdings, Inc is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our team! The Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing ad deploying software applications. This person writes code, writes unit tests, performs code reviews, participates in the architecture design process, enhances the performance of applications, debugs, trouble shoots issues, and writes code to automate deployments across environment.
About the Role:
The technical focus of the Lead Software Engineer is to build systems including APIs, business rules engines, integrations to external APIs, interfaces to NoSQL and relational databases, and creates all the foundational components of a strong enterprise backend system. Even though you are focused on the internal systems supporting the backend of the applications, we are looking for someone passionate about the user experience.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will be leading by example. You’ll be guiding a geographically distributed team to follow and maintain the technical standards, make sound decisions about the proper ways to implement the code, and direct the team through complex technical challenges.
This role is for an individual who is a creative problem solver. Your input into the product will be critical to our success.
This position is remote.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in computer science (or equivalent)
- 5+ years writing code in Python and related frameworks
- Demonstrated experience understanding business requirements and transforming them into technical artifacts to fulfill the product vision
- 2+ years experience working with AWS particularly with EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, VPC Configuration, API Gateway, Lambda, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience building data intensive applications ·
- Experience building and documenting RESTful APIs
- Experience with python web frameworks (Django, Flask, Asyncio)
- Experience working with outsourced and offshore development teams
- Experience leading off shore teams
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience working with asynchronous task queues (e.g. Celery, RQ, Dramatiq)
- Experience writing code in Java (or C#) and related frameworks
- Experience building mobile applications is a plus (Swift, Kotlin, React Native)
- Experience working with search platforms like Solr or Elasticsearch
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Experience working with container based architectures (e.g. Linux Containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Experience working with serverless architectures (e.g. Fargate or Lambda)
Compensation is competitive based on experience
Full benefits package
VIRGIL HOLDINGS INC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – EOE