Lead Software Engineer In Test at OneMain Financial
Our Digital team at OneMain has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a cooperative and inclusive environment with people who value hard work and fresh ideas. If a team member here has an idea for how we can improve our team or processes, we want to hear it. This role is remote-friendly! Come work in our office in Downtown Chicago or from wherever suits you best.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer in Test to contribute to the success of our websites and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do
- Mentor other team members on writing automated tests.
- You will work closely with Product Managers to close requirements gaps, define acceptance criteria, and create thorough test plans.
- Work closely with software engineers to deliver stories in an agile environment and with technical operations to troubleshoot environment and application issues.
- Become the subject matter expert for several areas of our applications.
- Investigate and personally resolve complex bugs.
- Regularly review and optimize our Jenkins builds and CircleCI continuous integration processes and tools as well as our automated test suites.
- Review code changes and unit tests and leverage knowledge to focus testing.
- Create and maintain automated tests based on story acceptance criteria.
- Test new features across various browsers and devices.
- Evangelize and encourage the use of Page Objects and lead by example.
Skills and experience you’ll need
- Minimum of 5 years of experience testing web applications
- Strong understanding of RSpec, Capybara, and Selenium WebDriver
- Ability to setup and maintain local testing environments with minimal assistance
- Experience creating actionable bug reports and effectively communicate to development
- Advanced understanding of SQL and ability to write complex SQL queries for troubleshooting and production monitoring
- Ability to self-manage story priority and timeliness of delivery
- Ability to monitor log files and troubleshoot based on stack traces before escalating
- Understand when bugs should or should not stop a release