Lead Software Engineer at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
As a Lead Software Engineer within the Creative Engineering team, your focus will be to develop applications and/or frameworks to help automate common design, production and development tasks. You will be working in a dynamic team environment developing award-winning creative applications with an opportunity to impact Creative Operations across an international company. This is where you can innovate—we’re always open to exploring new ideas. Let your voice be heard!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work to advance product development and innovation as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team including Creative, Engineering, Product developers/managers, business/brand strategists, and developers
- Spec, architect, develop and deliver complete full stack solutions amongst a team of engineers
- Determine opportunities to create automation and efficiency to support the creative process using whatever tool, library or framework is right for the job
- Research and present cutting-edge ideas, methods, design patterns and more
- Effectively troubleshoot issues on the fly while creating comprehensive, long-term solutions
- Will oversee project-based pull requests while providing guidelines and feedback to the team
- As the go-to Subject Matter Expert for internal applications and frameworks, must have exceptional communication skills when talking with non-technical resources
- Is the main technical point of contact with business stakeholders across a suite of technologies critical to creating media
- Will mentor team members on technical decision making and methodologies
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team
- Proactively report and manage upwards to management and the business, so that they are well informed of the status, roadblocks and risks
- Be knowledgeable about each member of your team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness while providing clear and direct feedback to your team members to improve their individual performance.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be proficient in Angular or other UI frameworks (React, Vue, etc)
- Experience with writing automated tests using frameworks such as Cypress, Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, and/or Jest
- Knowledge of modern design patterns and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Experience with build tools such as Webpack, ESBuild, TypeScript, Parcel
- Familiar with documenting code using Swagger, JSDoc or Docco
- Experience with linting software (ESLint, TSLint, JSHint, Prettier)
- Working knowledge of debugging tools (Chrome Dev Tools, Node Inspect, etc)
- Creating self-contained, reusable and testable modules and components
- Will thrive in a team environment and build off others’ ideas
- Working knowledge of state management (NGRX, NGXS, Angular-Redux, etc)
- Must thrive in an agile, iterative environment
- Must be a strong collaborator and communicator
- Possess a proven track record of excelling in a dynamic, fast paced environment with many simultaneous projects
Bonus, Not Required
- Experience building RESTful backend microservices using Node.js (ideally with typescript)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Media Encoder)
- Experience in building extensions withing the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Electron
- Experience with canvas
- Familiarity with GSAP library or other animation/tween libraries
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.