Lead Software Engineer at Morningstar
Our Team: Technology drives our business. Our team is made up of talented software engineers, infrastructure engineers, leaders and UX professionals. We care about technology as a craft and a differentiator. We bring our global products to market with a mix of software, cloud, data centers, infrastructure, design and grit.
• Lead application development squad for primary web-based, institutional platform Direct/Office Cloud
• Build well-designed, well-engineered, stable, and scalable products across a variety of markets
• Follow software design best practices such as continuous integration, test-driven development, and regular deployments.
• Be passionate about quality, process, programming, and investing in general, seeing opportunities for improvement, seizing them, and then sharing your findings with others.
• Take ownership of the success of the team with a "gets things done" attitude; the ability to understand and leverage new technologies, potentially wearing many hats including business analyst, DBA, QA, and project manager.
• Help to shape product vision.
• A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field in software development with more than 7 years of experience.
• Proven knowledge of enterprise software concerns such as security, scalability, transaction management, and concurrency.
• 3-5 years experience with server-side technologies such as Node.JS, C#, or Java.
• Exposure and understanding of DevOps with tools like Jenkins and CloudBees Flow
• Familiarity with architecting AWS solutions
• Organized and able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables.