Lead Software Engineer at Morningstar
About the Role
The Workplace business unit focuses on helping individuals achieve better outcomes by working with institutional clients in the global defined contribution and workplace markets. This is a high growth area for Morningstar and houses a diverse product suite and unique client base. By constantly evolving our solutions and solving our client's problems, we believe we are positioned well for continued future growth.
Morningstar seeks a Lead Engineer to work on our Fiduciary Services application.
The Lead Engineer will work closely with various stakeholders with the team - development, QA, Project Management, Product Management to help execute key business and technology initiatives for the team.
• Lead application development squad for Fiduciary Services web-based platform
• Build well-designed, well-engineered, stable, and scalable products
• Follow software development best practices such as CI/CD, TDD, and automated deployments.
• Be passionate about quality, process, programming, and investing in general, seeing opportunities for improvement, seizing them, and then sharing your findings with others.
• Take ownership of the success of the team with a "gets things done" attitude; the ability to understand and leverage new technologies, potentially wearing many hats including business analyst, DBA, QA, and project manager
• Help to shape technology vision for the team
• A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field in software development with more than 7 years of experience.
• Proven knowledge of enterprise software concerns such as security, scalability, transaction management, and concurrency.
• Advanced knowledge of server-side technologies - Java, NodeJS
• Exposure and understanding of DevOps with tools like Jenkins and CloudBees Flow
• Familiarity with architecting AWS solutions
Nice to have
Exposure to finance industry is a plus