Lead Software Engineer at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Engineering Team
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
This is a people leader position that will also focus on full cycle development within the Java technology stack. You will be part of a product team that leads the testing (through automated unit and integration tests), development, deployment and support of your product. You'll write amazing code in a supportive and fun environment with the majority of the time and perform leadership and mentoring duties the other rest. We have limited meetings and email interaction to enable you to be more productive and successful. You'll be challenged to drive software engineering and premier practices on your team and with your direct reports. Write tests first, watch them fail, get them to pass, rinse, repeat. TDD is how we operate!
Do you enjoy having a balance of life? Are you tired of working a ton of hours? At Arity, we enjoy a tremendous balance by observing regular business hours for our teammates.
Our state-of-the-art office space is located in the Merchandise Mart and includes a game room, multiple cafes, and flexible work spaces for everyone to maximize their success.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- 7+ years engineering software at scale
- 3+ years technical leadership
- Interest in bringing to bear Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Interest in exploring Paired Programming
- Passionate about mentoring other specialists in software development
Nice to Haves
- People leadership experience
- Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
- Experience in testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Jasmine, Protractor, Cucumber, and other like technologies
- Experience with packaging/build tools like Gradle, Maven, NPM, Artifactory, Jenkins, Concourse, etc.
- Backend development, design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and data development, implementation and optimization
- Experience with Java Spring
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.