Lead Software Engineer
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
As a team lead, you will be focused on helping us create software that is reliable, maintainable, secure, and creates a framework for innovative solutions. You will mentor other team members through code reviews and developing training. You will drive forward new initiatives and present new concepts to the team. Whiteboards will be often used by you and the team. Through agile processes, you will work on a variety of projects including multiple Azure services(Service Fabric, Web Jobs, Message Queues, etc.) as well as both relational (Azure SQL) and non-relational (Cosmos) data sources. We seek to make the action of writing code as efficient as possible in order to allow for a focus on clean architecture designs and continuous education. We aim to build a team with highly motivated individuals who share in a craftsman type approach to software.
Skills and Qualifications
- Familiar with ASP.NET MVC (routing, model binding, razor views)
- Understanding of REST API structure and ASP.NET WebAPI
- Experience with Dependency Injection
- Application Security (encryption, secure messaging)
- Data Access ORM (Dapper and Entity Framework)
- Azure Services (Web Apps, Cosmos, Web Jobs)
- SOLID Principles
- Comfortable with Agile processes
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- 7+ years in web application development
- Experience leading a team of 5 or more software engineers
- Ability to work with development team managers to deliver releases on time
- Ability to propose alternative solutions while working to meet business needs
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]