Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of Role:
We’re looking for a full-time Lead Software Engineer with a passion for collaboration, problem-solving, and software development to join our growing team. As a Lead Engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing, building, and deploying features while leading and mentoring the members of the engineering team. You’ll be working with Mongo, React, Node, AngularJS, Express, and other modern technologies.
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Lead the engineering team as they design, build, and deploy scalable web applications
- Mentor team members and champion engineering best practices
- Write maintainable, extensible, performance-minded code (full stack)
- Write reliable tests, review others’ code
- Influence our product’s direction with your ideas and technical expertise
- Support our customers by understanding their needs and improving our platform to meet them
What you'll need to be successful:
- Ability to lead by example
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong desire to innovate, experiment, collaborate and learn
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- Minimum 7 years of application development experience required
- Strong abilities with HTML and CSS, knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Server-side experience working with Node
- Modern front-end framework experience (Angular and React)
- Experience with relational and non-relational data stores such as Postgres and Mongo
- Experience with AWS, S3, Heroku
- Advocate for modern software engineering practices such as continuous integration, unit testing, and automated deployments
- In-depth understanding of web app scalability
- A proven track record developing production applications
- Experience with agile software development processes such as scrum
Bonus points for:
- DevOps knowledge is a plus
- Experience in both creating and consuming GraphQL APIs is a bonus
- Experience in Ruby on Rails is a bonus
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.