Lead Software Engineer(RPA)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
An exciting opportunity awaits! The Anti-money Laundering Applications team is looking to quickly expand and build on our successful Robotic Process Automation (RPA) pilot and prepare for a larger production roll-out.
As a Lead Software Engineer / RPA Mentor for the team, this individual will be a critical part of the design and large scale roll-out of a new, enterprise-wide Robotic Process Automation (RPA) service offering. During the roll-out, you will be trained on the Blue Prism RPA platform, with the expectation that you become a certified developer. You will be tasked with mentoring and augmenting new partner teams as they on-board, helping to ensure consistency and a quick ramp up to full productivity before rolling to the next team in the boarding process. You will assist with and perform process design and analysis, provide training and consulting services to internal customers, and participate in a wide range of discussions focused on building, enhancing, and supporting our RPA capabilities. You will have the opportunity to work in an innovative and diverse environment, working together with the team and our business partners to rapidly respond to challenges in the automation environment.
The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience with process mapping, flow chart creation, and workflow concepts. Experience with Windows based graphical modeling tools like Microsoft Visio is also required. Each member of the team is expected to be nimble, responding quickly and autonomously to ambiguity or requirements changes. If you’re looking for an opportunity to help deliver strategic technical solutions quickly, then this may be the role for you!
Given the team’s role in interfacing with many areas of the organization, team members must foster good working relationships with business and IT peers to ensure the team meets its objectives. All members of the team should possess good organization skills with the ability to exercise discretion when escalating, and be adept at creatively solving issues independently.
Planning / Configuring / Testing (70%)
- Interface directly with internal clients on a daily basis, mentoring and assisting with the ramp-up to full productivity
- Work closely with business technology / developers to determine the feasibility of automation
- Configure the workflow based on the detailed business requirements utilizing the RPA software
Post-production Support (20%)
- Assist with the deployment of the automated process into production, as needed
- Conduct post-implementation validation to ensure the bot is performing as intended, while teaching partner teams how to do the same
- Mentor enterprise on RPA best practices, capture standards, create templates
- Facilitate meetings with business SMEs and business technology as needed
- Provide regular updates to management on status of RPA assignments
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software, Math, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with process mapping and workflow concepts
- Experience with graphical flowchart / modeler tools like Microsoft Vision or IBM Blue Works Live
- Strong analysis, problem solving, networking, and communication soft skills
Experience with Robotic Process Automation platforms and concepts
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.