Lead Software Quality Engineer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for devising test objectives, organizational test policies, test strategies, and test plans for projects.
Assists in the timely resolution of quality/test challenges at the team level, providing guidance, training, technical support, and where necessary, mentoring individuals.
Ensures accuracy of testing metrics. Analyzes testing metrics to identify and implement opportunities for improvement on quality and process effectiveness and efficiency.
Plans, monitors, and controls testing activities and tasks. Provides input into the estimation of the testing effort. Prepares the software test plan. Analyzes requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects. Checks for timely delivery of project milestones. Escalates the issues about project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) to Project Manager/Test Manager. Documents, implements, monitors, and enforces all processes and procedures for testing as per established standards defined by the organization.
Leads, guides, monitors, and performs analysis, design, implements, and executes the test cases, test procedures, and test suites. Ensures the content and structure of all testing documents/artifacts is documented and maintained. Schedules the tests for execution and then monitors, measures, controls, and reports on the test progress, the product quality status, and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
Leads status-check meetings with the team. Tracks and reports upon testing activities.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
4+ years of experience in software testing, Agile delivery, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in software testing, Agile delivery, or related field
- Payment systems knowledge* Payment systems knowledge
- Solid understanding of Distributed application infrastructure
- Applied knowledge of SAFe
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience of working in AWS environment.
- Experience of working in Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hbase, Storm, Spark)
- Experience with Restful APIs, JSON, XML etc.
- Experience with Github
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience with PaaS, preferably Cloud Foundry
- Experience of setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipeline and working in a DevOps heavy environment
- ISTQB certification
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.