Lead Spectrum Scale Engineer: Remote possible at TransUnion
What we’ll bring:
• A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
• Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
• Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Requirements we’d love to see:
• Advanced Spectrum Scale (GPFS) skills
• Strong understanding of Elastic Storage Server (ESS) GNR
• Must have Linux Administration and Scripting experience
• Experience supporting and updating Isilon Gen5/Gen6 NAS clusters
• Senior level technical operational skills, such as troubleshooting, capacity planning, and root cause analysis
• Experiencing in planning and scheduling periodical maintenance for all hardware.
Preferred requirements we’d like to see:
• Scripting experience (Shell,Python,Perl)
• Proactivity, with a clear ability to think beyond boundaries, take controlled risks and assume responsibilities
• Experience working in a global organization, working in an international and multicultural environment considered a plus
• 5+ years of Linux System Administration and work related experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Impact you’ll make:
• Become familiar with the widely used Splunk reporting tool that offers quick insight into the environment to help you track importing information and make quicker decissions
• Effectively build standards where needed and inform users how to best use the GPFS cluster and NAS to improve their business processes.
• Be part of a team that works with the Enterprise Architecture group to solution and build out IP based storage solutions that fits the needs of the business
• Be forward-thinking and work in proof-of-concept lab clusters to test and validate proposed solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.