Lead Unix Administrator at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle for Unix/Linux server solutions. Core competencies include, but are not limited to: Linux and AIX operating systems, x86 hypervisors, scripting/automation, and x86 hardware solutions. Interfaces with Solution Architect, Application Development and Integration teams on standards exceptions or troubleshooting of issues relating to hardware/os/application integration.
- Responds to engagements from the Command Center and 1st level operations teams to provide production fixes and root cause analysis. Available on a pager rotation for 24x7 support.
- 1st level accountability for a specific technology and backup/secondary responsibility for another technology.
- Documents current environments, SOPS, future directions, technical designs, change tickets, and other items for internal operations as well as external auditors.
- Will be the escalation point for other team members and knowledgeable of all team technologies.
- Participates in various project meetings, deployments and related tasks.
Qualifications You’ll Need:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Engineering
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in large enterprise systems engineering, or related experience
- In lieu of degree, 6+ years’ experience in large enterprise systems engineering, or related experience and
- Certification in IBM AIX Administration, Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHSA))
Minimum of 6+ years’ experience in large enterprise systems engineering, or related experience
Certification in IBM AIX Administration, Red Hat Certified System Architect (RHCSA) #LI-BG1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.