Linux Engineer at CCC
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to join our CCC team. We are looking for engineers that are highly motivated and passionate that are excited to learn and exploit technology to continuously improve. The engineer will serve on a cross-functional team supporting Linux and storage technologies in a fast-paced large IT organization. They will be involved in all aspects with the ability to influence initiatives on premise and in the cloud.
- Serve on cross-functional project teams as a platform subject matter expert
- Document system design and related processes
- Adapt daily to changing environment requirements and manage multiple tasks
- Assume total responsibility for work assigned and deliver on commitments
- Take ownership of problems and/or issues and ensure timely resolution
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement of the Linux and Storage environments
- Follow all documented processes and procedures as defined by internal documentation
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5+ years of experience with Linux Operating Systems, Red Hat and/or Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Ability to install, provision, configure, operate, and maintain Linux systems.
- Experience with EMC VMAX/VNX/Unity/Isilon/Data Domain or other storage providers.
- Experience in the design, installation, configuration, and support of VMware ESXi vSphere/vMotion/HA/DRS.
- Working experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.), configuration management systems (Chef, Ansible, Puppet), and scripting (Python, Shell, Power CLI, VRO).
- Experience with Linux performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Experience with Commvault or other backup technologies
- Experience in automating all aspects of Linux system administration including server buildouts, inventory, asset management, and patch management.
- Experience with Red Hat Ceph Storage a plus.
- Experience supporting a 24/7 operation, including on-call support
- Ability to work in a team to solve complex problems involving multiple disciplines