Linux System Administrator
We are seeking a Linux System Administrator to join a creative, high-energy, and fast paced tech team. Your role will be to maintain Enfusion’s current infrastructure and play a role in the development and deployment of upcoming technology projects.
Who We Are
Enfusion is a global financial technology firm servicing 350+ clients that combines award winning, cloud-based software with Outsourced Middle and Back-office (MBO) Services to provide unrivaled front-to-back solutions for the investment management industry. Headquartered in Chicago, we currently also have offices in New York, London, Dublin, Hong Kong, São Paulo and Mumbai.
What You’ll Do
- Join an existing Sys Admin Team and help increase our bus-factor.
- Together we support users, hardware, software, and connectivity for our domestic and international offices, multiple data centers, several hundred servers, 400+ clients, and 200+ employees – you will be part of a global collaborative Systems Administrative Team.
- Deploy and update Linux servers & applications as needed.
- Participate in DevOps initiatives.
- Working directly with clients (as a tier 2 SME) on issues related to the Integráta platform
- Assist with the purchase, provisioning, and deploying of data center hardware, network gear, and server / storage infrastructure.
- Participating in short / medium / long-term projects as required to facilitate new technology and infrastructure upgrades.
- Contribute to our offensive and defensive security practices (including system lockdown, security scans / penetration tests, and overall defense-in-depth / zero-trust principles).
- Be prepared to learn new technologies and techniques and pass that knowledge along.
What we’re looking for
- A kind, humble disposition.
- A passion to learn, solve, retain, teach, and iterate.
- Experience with REHL and Debian based distros.
- Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux interest/experience.
- Well-versed with Linux system orchestration methodologies and technologies (automation, provisioning, configuration / updates, management, and monitoring).
- Experience with server / system virtualization and containerization technologies (KVM, ESX, Kubernetes, and Docker).
- At least some exposure to public cloud environments (Amazon AWS/S3, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure, or others).
- Experience with configuration management / application deployment tools (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, or others).
- Experience with server / network / application logging methodologies, aggregation techniques, and parsing tools.
- Solid Sys admin-grade scripting abilities (Bash, Sh, Perl, Python, or similar).
- Extensive experience with monitoring and metric collection of IT infrastructure and operations (using projects like Nagios, Prometheus, LibreNMS, or similar).
- Proficient in setting up, troubleshooting and managing init.d, rc.d, and crontab configurations.
- Strong understanding of network layers and technologies; PXE, DHCP, DNS / BIND, SSL / TLS, VLANs, NIS / LDAP.
- Ability to reverse engineer software/hardware configurations and improve them.
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Ability to work alone or in a group setting.
- Insists on automation whenever and wherever possible.
- Ability to bench press a 2U server.
- Creative communication, documentation, and changelog skills.
- 5+ years of previous work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Administration, Computer Science, or related field.
We would love if you also had (not required)
- Financial industry exposure
- Past experience in highly transactional environments
- An understanding of regex
- Experience with multi-site environments, firewalls, VPNs, and other L2/L3+ security concepts
- Knowledge of and experience designing and deploying Windows domains
- Experience with Group Policies, Active Directory Sites, and Microsoft Windows server environment management
- Experience with an MDM solution (Jamf, Airwatch, Systems Manager, or similar)
Perks of working at Enfusion
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Medical and Dental Insurance package
- 401K with matching
- Generous PTO Package
- Entrepreneurial Environment
- Catered Lunch every Friday
- Small team with growth opportunity
- Exposure to all aspects of the financial technology services industry
At Enfusion, the best ideas win. Come be part of the future of fintech!
Read Full Job Description