Linux System Administrator at Enfusion
!Sorry, this job was removed at 6:16 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, October 9, 2019
The Team / Who we are?
We’re a team of technology centric individuals that want to reduce the burden on our clients by providing a homegrown front-to-back platform that streamlines their processes. We’re pretty good at it, and it shows. In 2018, we added 90 new employees globally, 120 new clients, and two new offices. In 2019, we are continuing that growth and working on new tech upgrades. We are also proud to say that the founders still roll up their sleeves and contribute code. Imagine working alongside the founders of a global company on some of our tech initiatives.
What we need
We are currently looking for a self-motivated, Linux Systems Administrator to join our team. In this role, you’ll be involved in progressively improving our existing Linux infrastructure and making recommendations on new technology.
We have a number of different projects going on and that’s why we are looking for someone senior.
The job involves the following responsibilities:Deploy and update Linux Servers & applications as needed
- Participate in DevOps and security initiatives
- Assist with the purchase, provisioning, and deploying of data center hardware, network gear, and server/storage infrastructure
- Continue to build our infrastructure by facilitating new technologies and upgrades
- Analyze our current infrastructure and make automation recommendation
- Reverse engineer software/hardware configurations and improve them
- Act as a T2 SME and work directly with our clients on issues related to our platform, and connectivity issues
You are a great fit if:
We think you are a great fit if you like technology, like to get things done without people asking and enjoy a collaborative, laid back environment. You could work at many awesome companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role. You are knowledgeable, care about the details, and like to learn new things. Also, you like food.
To be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Hands on experience with RHEL and Debian based distros (We use CentOS)
- Experience with Linux system orchestration methodologies and technologies (automation, provisioning, configuration / updates, management, and monitoring).
- Experience with server / system virtualization and containerization technologies (KVM, ESX, Kubernetes, and Docker).
- Strong understanding of network layers and technologies (specifically host-based)
- Some exposure to public cloud environments
- Solid Sys admin-grade scripting abilities (Bash, Sh, Perl, Python, or similar).
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Ability to bench press a 2U server.
- It would also help if you have a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science or Engineering
- Be able to work onsite in Chicago. We’re right inside the Revival Food Hall.
Read Full Job Description