Linux Systems Engineer
Position at Community Brands
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,000 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays
Community Brands is on a mission to be the global “Engagement Suite” behind the success of associations and non-profit organizations. To deliver on that mission, our Infrastructure Services Group needs strong technologists to create and operate innovative, large-scale enterprise platforms and infrastructure services. We are looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to join our Data Center Operations team.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide and manage, support, maintain availability, performance, and security of the server infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have system engineering experience taking projects from initial concept through planning and implementation Install, configure, and maintain designated operating systems or applications.
- Manage and troubleshoot OS and applications using available tools.
- Collaborate with others to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Have working knowledge of SAN, clustering, backup, and other enterprise applications to maintain availability and recoverability of systems.
- Efficiently work both independently and collaboratively; the ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues.
- Have a customer-oriented mindset.
- Have experience implementing and maintaining availability and performance monitoring solutions.
- 5+ years of professional Linux administration experience.
- Professional experience with Python, Go, C, or Java.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or equivalent experience In-depth Linux System.
- Administration experience (4+ year’s experience).
- In-depth understanding of Linux Operating System architecture.
- Significant understanding of x86 hardware, including RAID architecture and file systems Scripting: Shell, Python and/or Perl .
- RHCSA or RHCE certifications a plus.
- Experience with Puppet, PHP, Cloud Foundry, Cloud computing including Paas, IaaS and SaaS.
- Knowledge of DevOps and “Infrastructure as Code” approaches, tools, and strategies.
- Experience with writing scripts and implementing automation.
- Proficiency with the enterprise-level administration of network services such as DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting.
- Exposure to infrastructure-as-a-service platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, etc..
- Experience with on-premise to cloud migrations including re-hosting, re-platforming, and re-factoring.
- Understanding of shared on-premise and cloud infrastructure services, such as AWS organizations and accounts, VPC, IPAM, security groups, NACLS, routing, active directory, Federation, DNS, and others.
- Experience with storage systems (NAS, SAN, object storage).
- Experience with large distributed high availability environments.
- Support Linux systems (RedHat, Debian, others) in our environments and data centers.
- Perform day-to-day systems administration activities such as user administration, disk management, package installations, and scheduled task development.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user level documentation.
- Identify and solve complex problems involving hardware, software, networking, and applications.
- Install and configure enterprise-wide infrastructure tools including automation tools, job schedulers, authentication and authorization software, and backup tools.
- Restore service during system outages to provide troubleshooting support to team members, prevent problems and escalate technical details.
- Utilize enterprise tools to manage/monitor, and secure enterprise data center environments.
- Participate in an on-call rotation schedule after hours and on weekends.