ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a localization team in its forming stage and influence the efficient setup of localization operations in a fast growing international company.
You are a full stack engineer, with a passion for internationalization. You will impact ActiveCampaign’s global growth by setting up internationalization standards and bringing efficiencies via localization technologies and workflows. You’ll work with engineering and cross-functional teams while expanding expertise in global operatio
What your day could consist of:
- Enable ActiveCampaign’s Development Team to ship global-ready product:
- Partner closely with product teams to develop tooling and processes that enable product teams to rapidly localize new functionality
- Drive adoption of internationalization standards across product development
- Relentlessly reduce internationalization bugs with developer-friendly tools
- Add localization-readiness checks to our CI pipeline to ensure we ship properly localized products
- Build an integrated localization infrastructure & efficient localization workflows:
- Ensure our non-English-speaking users receive a first class user experience, regardless of their language preferences
- Build tools that simplify the process of translating and reviewing site content and build translation memory management & term base management workflows
- Develop engineering applications and tools to improve current processes for quality and efficiency
- Work closely with Site and content creation teams to identify automation and connectors opportunities to optimise localization workflows
- Work in dynamic and diverse environments alongside engineering, international experts, and growth teams
What is needed:
- Enjoys being a generalist working on the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Has previous internationalization engineering experience for web and mobile development
- Takes pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Is familiar with existing translation management systems (such as Lokalise, Memsource, etc.) – and ideally, think you could build a better one yourself
- Thrives in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders spanning multiple roles and timezones
- Can work with people with non-technical backgrounds to identify problems they have that can be solved with software
- Holds themselves and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- 3+ years of full stack development in similar technical role (working in the Internationalization and/or technical localization domains)
- Understands content management systems and web technologies and best practices to efficiently integrate them with TMS
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.