The Team Lead of Hardware Run will oversee a group of Systems Programmers that are responsible for the ongoing support for all mainframe hardware including trouble shooting, problem resolution, and maintenance. The Team Lead will coordinate with both Operations and TSS to ensure all hardware issues are handled promptly and effectively.
- Build and coordinate the team to respond to and resolve issues with mainframe hardware. Primarily this will be around data replication to remote sites.
- Interface with upper management to obtain all company goals and provide exceptional customer care.
- Serve as an escalation point for hardware issues.
- Manage hardware issue resolution including working with IBM and other vendors to diagnose problems and to determine and schedule a suitable fix.
- Proactively maintain all hardware on the most appropriate microcode level.
- Ensure all hardware call home software is functioning.
- Work with the Automation team to ensure all alerts are captured and escalated.
- Maintain a detailed and accurate hardware inventory of all existing customers.
- Strong analytical problem determination and resolution skills
- Ability to diagnose and handle common hardware issues and resolve them promptly and effectively with minimal adverse impact to the customer.
- Knowledge of current and recent mainframe hardware models of mainframe, channel subsystems including Directors and reflection panels, DASD and Tape subsystems, encryption servers, and Hardware Management Consoles.
- Strong understanding of the mainframe z/OS operating systems and its manipulation.
- Understanding of the network connectivity requirements for all mainframe components.
- Expert knowledge of DASD and tape replication methods to remote data centers.
- Ability to interact with account management and project managers.
- Experience interacting with vendors and websites.
- Ability to concurrently work across multiple projects and multiple customers.
- 5-10 years working with mainframe hardware.
- IOCP and HCD manipulation.
- HMC procedures.