Manager, DevOps Engineering at Rally Health (Chicago, IL)
Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, “We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.".”
Our software needs a home, and our team provides safe, reliable infrastructure and tooling. We're passionate, agile, and rapidly delivering technology solutions to empower our ever-growing engineering teams to automate, monitor, scale, test, repeat. As a manger, you add your passion and expertise to projects that drive us forward on that mission. You know what technology answers exist but you also know the challenges that come along with those choices. As a manager, you know how to make a team effective, deliver, and have the battle scars to prove it.
- Manage a dynamic team of up to 8 DevOps engineers
- Build relationships across other Rally engineering groups to ensure the team’s success
- Plan and organize technical projects to ensure successful delivery
- Improve the team’s on-call rotation and responsibilities by rewarding proactivity and de-emphasizing "hero culture"
- Measure the team’s impact to track and highlight success
- Perform people management duties to grow the individuals on your team: quarterly performance evaluations, weekly 1-1s, etc.
- 2+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of hands-on relevant technical experience
- Experience with a cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with modern DevOps technologies (Hashicorp, Splunk, DataDog)
- Experience with task management tools (JIRA)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical role, or the equivalent experience
Our projects are run without regard to geography. You will be working on teams with members in Washington, D.C., Chicago, and San Francisco.
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America’s diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.