Manager Site Reliability Engineering at OCC
Run the Site Reliability Engineering team at OCC. This team supports the availability and performance of the next generation of OCC’s Risk Systems, enhances system reliability and developer productivity through automation, and provides guidance to development teams in the areas of cloud technologies, application profiling and monitoring, logging, metrics collection and analysis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborate with development, operations and infrastructure teams to ensure availability of services, and to work through implementation issues.
- Develop automation for incident response and to prevent problem recurrence
- Create and enhance runbooks to respond to service outages or degradations
- Assess the production readiness of services
- Define and track operational metrics for production performance, reliability, scalability and availability
- Architect, develop and maintain shared services and tools to improve reliability and reduce toil across the organization
- Contribute to the team’s continuous improvement through research, retrospectives, discussion groups and code reviews
- Provide leadership within the team by guiding and mentoring members, and preparing stories for the sprint backlog
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage/mentor team of SRE engineers
- Set the direction and vision for SRE at OCC
- Promote staff’s personal and career development
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology
- Able to succeed in fast-paced environment with frequent changes
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong documentation skills
- Analytical problem-solving approach
- Self-starter – takes the initiative to research, learn and deliver. Anticipates the play.
- Team player – humble, collaborative, and focused on making sure the entire team succeeds
- Experience managing infrastructure in public cloud environments like AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP
- Experience providing visibility using monitoring and alerting tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Datadog, StackDriver, Sysdig, Prometheus or Grafana
- Programming/scripting experience in languages like Java, Bash, Python or Go
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ, or ActiveMQ
- Experience with container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm or Rancher
- Experience with using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Travis, Harness, Appveyor, CodeBuild or CodePipeline.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Site Reliability Engineering / DevOps
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience