Manager of Software Development at CSG
CSG's product development group develops leading edge applications and consists of highly motivated individuals that represent some of the best talent in the industry. The group uses the SAFe® methodology and emphasizes teamwork and close collaboration with business owners. CSG is committed to continuous improvement in how software is developed and maintained - it hires like-minded individuals that thrive in such an environment.
The right candidate will lead a team in their journey to developing DevOps best practices as the group undergoes a DevOps transformation. Key activities include planning, executing, and maintaining components of CSG’s industry leading product Ascendon while inspiring a culture of curiosity and improvement.
Responsibilities for total service ownership include people management, professional development, Lean coaching, and effective collaboration across groups. This leader will be foundational in helping to expand the existing domestic team with new matrixed offshore (Bangalore) resources and managing the team’s corresponding growth and successful collaboration. Professional growth opportunities exist in both areas of service ownership and people development.
Responsibilities / Expectations:
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to lead and mentor a DevOps team as they define complex client implementations, address production problems, or develop productivity enabling tools
- Accountable for successful delivery, maintenance, and support of a functional area in the Ascendon application
- Experience managing successful hybrid domestic/offshore teams
- Review feature requests with key stakeholders and work with team to ensure successful feature delivery
- Unrelenting focus on enabling team learning and continuous improvement utilizing Lean management principals
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with clients
- Experience owning HR reporting relationship for team members
- Commitment to employee professional development
- Execute the role of scrum master for software development team(s), if necessary
- Passion for people, performance improvement, and team building
- Strong interest in technology and desire to expand the technical skillset of your reports
- Ability to understand large complex systems to enable effective problem analysis and leading a team in developing a solution
- Work effectively with client support teams and implementation architects to resolve application issues
- Active involvement in cross-team meetings focused on solution, release planning and production impacting service issues
- Passion for technology and its use to solve complex business problems in a timely and robust manner.
- Passion for problem solving
- A strong candidate may take on additional responsibilities including more direct reporting relationships and release program management responsibilities
- Proven track record of leading a hybrid domestic/offshore team in an Agile/Lean environment
- 8+ years’ of development/leadership experience in a SAAS environment
- Strong communication, organization, and facilitation skills
- A Bachelor's level technical degree (engineering, computer science)
- Strong technical background preferably with experience in telecom-related industries