Manager, Software Development
Are you an Software Development Manager interested in leading fast-paced teams creating innovative and cutting-edge products?
At FTD (NASDAQ:FTD) we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial position will take a leading role in building applications within our multi-brand $1B+ ecommerce company. We're actively searching for top-level development managers with hands-on programming capabilities to join newly created teams at FTD who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What You Will Contribute:
- Champion innovative solutions leading top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing within our growing ecosystem of cutting edge SOA based applications.
- Interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems--seek the biggest bangs!
- Interface with leaders across software teams to promote software best-practices, technical guidance when requested and overall positive change.
- Mentor developers, grow skillsets.
- Actively work with directors, VPs and CIO in continuously improving SDLC process and the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes: processing more than 50,000 orders a day, close to 5 million payment transactions a week; handling more than 1.5 million customer notifications in a day etc.
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- Annual discretionary bonus
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Perfect place to grow and bring digital transformation. Needless to say, such a high-powered, fast paced work environment offers an equally fast-paced path to grow in your career.
What we seek:
- Experienced and competent software development manager with exceptional leadership skills and a willingness to write code up to 50% of the time.
- Minimum 3 years of software development management experience on complex projects.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Possess a solid understanding of tiered distributed systems.
- You are proficient in Java on the Spring framework, as well as Web Services, WCF, Rest, SQL and Windows Services.
- You are versed in Git, Team Foundation Server or other comparable source control/SDLC tools for a large environment.
- You are proficient in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and have used them in practice.
- Versed in Microservice architecture and practices
- Experience building high performing systems including latency measurement, analysis, and optimization across the entire technology stack
- Proficient with software design patterns.
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques and object-oriented software design skills
- You are proactive, motivated and able to work in teams.
- You are excellent at juggling multiple responsibilities and tasks at a given time and prioritizing those items so that your time is used efficiently.
- You have experience implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices.
- You have experience developing for high-volume web applications.
- Experience in Cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure is a plus
- Experience working with business in defining solutions in an agile environment.
- You have excellent written communication skills and verbal agility.
- You take pride in being accountable, taking ownership of outstanding issues and establishing a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- You take pride in producing high quality software utilizing automated unit and integration testing.
- Experience with PIM Systems, OMS, and or FMS is a plus.
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.